MSS, a division of the CP Group, is the world leader in automated sorting systems. Our plastic sorting modules provide accurate separation of specific plastics from mixed waste streams. Employing near infrared (NIR) sensor technology to analyze and classify polymers, aseptic packaging and paper according to their unique signature allows you to easily process multiple input streams at the highest speeds attainable. All colors & resins (PET, HDPE, PVC, PP, PS, PLA, and more) are accurately and efficiently separated by our top-of-the-line optical sorting solutions:
MSS’ CIRRUS™ is our newest optical sorter, using new high-resolution NIR/color sensor and provides the ultimate separation performance for plastics, e-scrap, and other small particle applications.
MSS’ L-VIS™ uses state-of-the-art high resolution camera and provides accurate separation of small particles such as plastic flake and pellets, e-scrap fines, metal scrap, minerals, etc…
MSS’ Aladdin™is the world’s first automated sorting module. It is efficient in sorting plastics by color as well as resin type.Three output products are generated from one input stream in the all-in-one optical sorter.
MSS’ Sapphire™employs highly advanced near infrared sensor technology to analyze and classify polymers, aseptic packaging, various fibers, as well as other materials such as drink cartons.
MSS’ MetalSort™is an induction based sensor system that is the perfect sorting machine for the separation of small metal contaminants from glass cullet, plastic flake and e-scrap.
The CPScreen automatically separates small fibers from containers, and 2D from 3D material, easily and efficiently. Small screen openings decrease loss of fiber to container line, recovering even the smallest pieces of fiber. CP’s long-lasting rubber cam-style discs are specially engineered to have consistent spacing at all points at all times to make discs highly resistant to both jamming and wrapping. Cam discs also have low amplitude that avoids aggressive separation to keep fiber clean of small containers and other contaminates. CP’s screens ensure that material is sized properly for the most efficient sort possible.
Features & Benefits:
- Cam-Discs are highly resistant to jamming and wrapping- 80%+ reduction in wrapping and needed maintenance
- Variable frequency drive motors
- Small screen openings minimizes loss of small fibers to container line
- CP Syncdrive™ uses carbon fiber timing belts drive rather than chains, eliminating the need for oilers, tensioners or adjustments, while reducing wear, maintenance, and noise
- Bolt in “spindle” shafts allow for easy removal or replacement without removing side panels
- Disc are in an assembly of 5 discs; one bolt per disc assembly allows fast disc replacement
- Electronic deck angle hydraulically adjustable in 1degree increments from control panel
- Designed around safety: harness connection, a hydraulic maintenance floor, lock-out tag-out, and mechanical lock on shafts
The V-Perforator/Flattener by CP helps to reduce your storage by up to two-thirds by perforating your plastic containers. Utilizing our unique converging disc technology, the V-Perforator will puncture and flatten your PET and other rigid plastic containers including 2-1/2 gallon water bottles, 1 gallon milk jugs and 3 liter PET beverage containers. Perforating your plastic makes baling more efficient by reducing bale time and increasing bale integrity. The CP Perforator/Flattener can be integrated into your existing systems ensuring a seamless retrofit, fast delivery, professional installation and rapid response to any questions or concerns.
- Converging discs perforate and flatten plastic bottles
- Reduces volume by 2/3
- Reduces bale time
- Increases bale integrity
- Cast chromium steel discs – exceeds 500 BHn
- Rubber seal between the disc assembly and drive rotor protects discs from sharp impact ensuring longer
Air Drum Separator (ADS) by our partner Ken Mills Engineering
The ADS easily removes 2-dimensional waste from 3-dimensional waste; it is a low-cost separator that decreases the container stream contamination automatically by applying vacuum technology through a rotating, perforated drum. Compact in size, the ADS makes for an easy retrofit in any MRF.
- Eliminates 2-D contaminants from 3-D material
- Low cost and long parts life
- Minimal lubrication and cleaning required
- Low maintenance
- Compact design for fast, simple installation and easy retrofit
- Patented technology
- Increases marketability of end-products
- Increases system throughout
- 2 multiple model sizes available
- Adjustable drum speed and suction strength
- Heavy-duty and durable
Film Vac System by our partner Impact Air
Impact Air’s advanced Film Vac System consists of a series of specially designed material collection hoods which are usually mounted above the sorting belts and used to transport handpicked material, reducing labor costs and eliminating the need for transfer conveyors and additional storage bunkers.
Air Knife Separator by our partner Impact Air
Impact Air’s Air Knife Separator is a valuable addition to any recycling process because it removes low value ‘light’ fractions from the material stream, such as un-pickable items such as paper, plastic and foil from the material stream.Typically installed at a conveyor junction, the Air Knife consists of an input air volume channeled through an adjustable nozzle, working in conjunction with an extraction hood all mounted inside a single enclosure.